Sommerford Dining Room Chair (Set of 2)
The Ashley AdvantageTM Credit Card
offers styles and value with
convenient payments. Learn More
Details & Overview
My Closest Store
- Cushioned back and seat with polyester/acrylic upholstery
- Excluded from promotional discounts and coupons
- Wood frame
- Assembly required
Weight24.5 lbs. (11.11 kgs.)
- Width: 19.75"
- Depth: 25.50"
- Height: 39.25"
- Seat height: 19.50"
- Seat depth: 18.00"
- Seat width: 19.75"
How to Care & Clean Your Furnishings:
Now that you’ve invited Ashley HomeStore into your home, you’ll want to enjoy the furnishings for years to come. To ensure that you do, we encourage you to follow through with proper care and cleaning. This useful guide covers all types of furniture
- Fabric Upholstered Furniture
- Leather Upholstered Furniture
- Wood Furniture
- Glass Furniture
- Metal Furniture
- Painted Furniture
- Marble, Slate, & Natural Stone Furniture
We offer countless options in upholstery—from fine leather and skillfully matched manmade alternatives (faux leather), to cotton, nylon, polyester, rayon and wool blends. For your reference, our upholstered products have a tag either under one of the seat cushions or beneath the unit itself. The tag provides a universal cleaning code indicating best cleaning practices.
Universal Cleaning Codes Include:
DC - Dry Clean Only
E - Use the Millennium Leather Care Kit
N - Use the Millennium Leather Care Kit
N FBR - (Natural Fiber Rugs) Immediately blot spills to remove excess liquid with a clean white cloth or plain paper towel. Blot again with a solution of one teaspoon mild detergent with one teaspoon of white vinegar in a quart of warm water. Do not saturate.
S - Clean only with a dry cleaning solvent. Do not saturate. Do not use water. Pile fabrics may require brushing to restore appearance. Cushion covers should not be removed and dry cleaned.
SW - Spot clean with upholstery shampoo, foam from a mild detergent or a mild dry cleaning solvent. Do not saturate with liquid. Pile fabrics may require brushing to restore appearance. Cushion covers should not be removed and dry cleaned.
W - Clean only with water-based shampoo or foam upholstery cleaner. Do not over wet. Do not use solvents to spot clean. Pile fabrics may require brushing to restore appearance. Cushion covers should not be removed and dry cleaned.
WS - Spot clean with upholstery shampoo, foam from a mild detergent or a mild dry cleaning solvent. Do not saturate with liquid. Pile fabrics may require brushing to restore appearance. Cushion covers should not be removed and dry cleaned.
X - Do not clean with either water or solvent-based cleaner. Use vacuuming or light brushing only.
Wool - Blot spills up immediately with a clean white cloth or plain paper towel.
Leather isn’t perfect and that’s the beauty of it. All leather or “genuine” leather has natural markings, including variations of shade and tone, as well as nicks, scratches and wrinkles—characteristics that distinguish it from manmade materials.
Expect that some marks will appear on the surface of your leather. Their origin might be anything from healed scars and barbed wire scratches, to skin “stretch marks” and insect bites. By no means should they be considered a defect; nor will they affect the durability or construction of your piece. Such “imperfections” are your assurance that you have a true leather hide.
Also keep in mind, grain patterns and coloring of leather will vary from hide to hide and also within the same hide, making leather all the more interesting and unique.
How to Care for Leather:
- Dust often and use a vacuum cleaner crevice tool to clean seams.
- Clean weekly using a damp sponge or soft, lint-free cloth. Do not rub; instead, wipe gently.
- Do not use or place sharp objects on leather goods. Leather is very durable; however, it is not accident or damage proof.
- Keep leather furniture out of direct sunlight and at least two feet from heat sources to avoid fading and cracking.
- Do not place newspapers or magazines on leather furniture. The ink from these items may be transferred onto the leather.
- Do not use abrasives; harsh chemicals; saddle soap; leather cleaners that contain any oils, soaps or detergents; or common household cleaners on leather furniture. Only use recommended leather cleaners.
- Follow instructions for any gentle leather cleaner you might use. Additionally, leather conditioners provide a barrier to stains and help extend the life of your leather. Before using any cleaning/conditioning product on leather, test it in an obscure area.
- Improper cleaning may void your leather furniture warranty.
How to Remove Spots, Spills and Stains from Leather:
A water spot can be removed by wiping the entire area seam to seam with a damp cloth so there is no “demarcation point” on the leather and the leather can dry uniformly.
Pet Urine Stains:
We recommend “Natures Miracle" available in pet stores for removing pet urine stains and neutralizing the area. Follow product directions on the product. Please note that anytime you are “washing” or cleaning leather you must do the entire cushion, seam to seam, edge to edge, so as not to end up with a water stain. If leather can dry evenly there is no "demarcation point.”
Ink remover sticks are effective in removing or reducing noticeable ink markings from most leathers.
Oil/Food Grease Stains:
Small oil stains can be treated and successfully removed if addressed immediately. Rub corn starch briskly into the stain with your fingers until the heat from the friction is felt. That heat loosens the oil and allows the corn starch to absorb the oil before the leather can. Vacuum or brush the powder off. Repeat until the stain is gone.
What does it take to clean water stains? Clean water. Should you have a “ring” or demarcation from glass condensation from a glass, soak a new sponge with room temperature water; wring sponge as much as possible. Starting at the spot, dampen the leather and move the sponge to the edges of the cushion. Allow moisture to become less and less as you get further from the spot. Don’t scrub, just wipe.
Whether you have an all-wood piece of furniture or a furnishing made of a mix of wood, manmade wood and wood veneer, you want to protect it from damage, maintain its perfect finish and keep it looking beautiful for years to come. Here are some tips to help you do that.
How to Care for Wood Furniture:
- Use a lint-free cloth to polish wood furniture on a weekly basis.
- Keep furniture away from heating and air conditioning sources to prevent loss of moisture; and avoid direct sunlight to prevent fading or darkening of wood.
- Use felt backing on lamps and other accessories to prevent scratches and gouges, and rotate accessories so they do not remain in the same spot all the time.
- Use placemats under plates and hot pads under serving dishes and coasters under beverages.
- Do not place newspapers or magazines on woods surfaces. The ink from these items may bleed into the finish and could damage the wood.
- Do not use abrasives or harsh chemicals on wood furniture.
- Should you scratch your furniture: Touch up crayons and markers are available at local hardware and home improvement stores in a variety of color packs. These types of crayons and markers are made especially for furniture and work well touching up most flaws.
How to Spot Clean Wood Furniture:
- To remove food stains, wipe up the spill immediately. Polish with a soft, clean cloth.
- To remove cloudiness, rub surface with cloth dipped in solution of one tablespoon of vinegar mixed with one quart of water. Rub in the same direction as the grain until surface is completely dry. Follow with an application of furniture oil or polish that does not cause a waxy build-up or has silicones, such as Guardsman or Heritage.
- To remove water rings, rub with a mixture of equal parts white vinegar and cooking oil in the same direction of the grain.
- To remove candle wax or chewing gum, hold an ice cube over the wax or gum for a few seconds so that it will chill and harden. Be sure to wipe up water as the ice melts to prevent water spots. Remove as much of the wax or gum as possible with your fingers and then scrape away the remainder gently using the dull edge of a table knife. Rub the spot briskly with a cloth saturated in cream wax. Repeat if needed.
Nothing opens up a room like the beauty and transparency of glass. Of course, you’re so careful not to break it. But you don’t want to dull it or scratch it, either. A few simple steps can clearly go a long way.
How to Care for Glass Furniture:
- Do not slide rough objects across glass. This can cause permanent scratches to the surface.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners on glass, which may cause scratches.
- Do not clean glass without gently removing excessive dirt and debris first, so as not to scratch the surface.
- To clean glass, choose a non-abrasive commercial glass cleaner, or use warm water and a soft, lint-free cloth. Wring out excess water and wipe surface. Dry immediately with a dry lint-free cloth.
Whether to inject a rustic element or give a piece of furniture a modern, industrial flair, at Ashley HomeStore, we incorporate metal in our furniture in so many ways. Much of the metal you’ll find is powdercoated, resulting in a smooth, even surface.
How to Care and Clean Metal Furniture:
- When it comes to cleaning metal, less is more. Simply dusting regularly with a clean, dry cloth will generally do the trick.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on metal finishes, as they can be quite damaging.
- Note: iron or steel frames can rust furniture is exposed to excessive humidity, particularly in saltwater locations.
Colorful and unique, hand-painted furniture is a great way to express your individual style. It’s important to place these furnishings out of direct sunlight so the color and vibrancy of the painted finish remains fresh and crisp.
How to Care and Clean Painted Furniture:
- Dust or wipe clean with a cloth dampened with water once a week. Be sure not to leave water spots on the surface. These water spots will dry and could possibly leave permanent marks.
- Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on painted finishes, as they can be quite damaging.
Clean stains/spots using the following steps:
- Dampen a soft cloth with a mixture of hot water and liquid dishwashing detergent.
- Wring the cloth as much as possible to remove excess liquid.
- Rub the surface lightly in a circular motion.
- Dry the surface immediately with a clean, soft towel.
Natural stone such as marble and slate brings an earthy, organic element into a space. They’re universally loved for their one-of-a-kind quality. From piece to piece, and even on a single quarried slab, there will be certain color variations. Stone surfaces will have pits and fissures that appear as cracks. They result from immense heat and pressure, which formed the stone eons ago. These characteristics do not impair function or durability; rather they add to the beauty. And while marble, slate and natural stone are certainly quite durable, by no means should be treated as indestructible.
How to Care for Marble & Slate:
- For general cleaning: dip sponge or clean cloth into warm water with a few drops of mild dishwashing liquid; wring out as much liquid as possible, wipe and immediately dry surface (using a second dry cloth). You may also opt for a marble clean for deeper cleaning.
- Use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices; use placemats under china, ceramics, silver or other objects that may scratch the stone surface.
- Do not use vinegar, bleach, lemon, ammonia, general-purpose cleaners or abrasive cleaning agents (e.g., Comet).
- Do not use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- Do not use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone.
- Don’t leave pools of water on marble surface, as this could end up leaving a stain.
- Professional refinishing is recommended to remove etch marks and restore the stone's natural finish.
- If you choose to seal your marble, use a quality product and follow the manufacturer's directions for use. (Stone sealants can be purchased at almost any home improvement center.)
How to Spot Clean Marble, Stone:
Blot away the excess liquid with a clean, dry, white cloth; turning the cloth frequently. Spray the area with a marble cleaner or warm water and wipe.
Remove food with a non-abrasive item such as a plastic spoon. Blot with dry, white cloth. Spray the area with a marble cleaner and wipe.
1 week ago
COMPLETE THE SET
Sommerford Dining Room ChairSale Price$210.00 each ($420.00 set)Description
Load up on earthy character. Scale back on fuss. As the Sommerford dining room arm chair proves to perfection—less is more. It’s sure to impress everyone around your table.
Sommerford Dining Room ChairSale Price$140.00 each ($280.00 set)Description
Load up on earthy character. Scale back on fuss. As the Sommerford dining room side chair proves to perfection—less is more. It’s sure to impress everyone around your table.
Sommerford Dining Room TableN/ADescription
Dine in style while scaling back on the fuss. As the Sommerford dining table proves to perfection—less is more. Crafted of reclaimed pine, its ultra clean-lined, chunky profile showcases long butcher-block planking rich with tonal variation, nicks, notches, nail holes and a whole lot of raw beauty. Table base has horizontal planking flanked with corner moulding that supports the wide tabletop. Seats eight comfortably with ample leg room.
Sommerford Dining Room Server
Original Price$719.99Sale Price$611.99 each ($1,223.98 set)Description
Serve it up with character and scale back the fuss. As the Sommerford server proves to perfection—less is more. Crafted of reclaimed pine, its ultra clean-lined, chunky profile showcases long butcher-block planking rich with tonal variation, nicks, notches, nail holes and a whole lot of raw beauty. The centered floating drawers are roomy—great for keeping dining essentials on hand. Open shelving and wide tabletop abound with lots of handy space for setting up a smorgasbord and displaying dining room accents.
Sommerford 65" Dining Room Bench
Original Price$240.00Sale Price$148.00 each ($296.00 set)Description
Saddle up on character and scale back on fuss. As the Sommerford bench proves to perfection—less is more. Crafted of reclaimed pine, its ultra clean-lined, chunky profile showcases long butcher-block planking rich with tonal variation, nicks, notches, nail holes and a whole lot of raw beauty. Use for more seating in the dining room, entryway or anywhere.
Sommerford 5-Piece Dining SetN/ADescription
Dine in style while scaling back on the fuss. As the Sommerford 5-piece dining table set proves to perfection—less is more. Crafted of reclaimed pine, the pedestal table’s ultra clean-lined, chunky profile showcases long butcher-block planking rich with tonal variation, nicks, notches, nail holes and a whole lot of raw beauty. Four dining chairs with richly textured cushioned seats are a sumptuous accompaniment. Comfortably seats eight.
Home Accents Nova 5' 2" x 7' 6" Area Rug
Original Price$219.99Sale Price$142.99 each ($285.98 set)Description
Offering a range of colors that brilliantly blend to create a modern seemingly textural design, the Nova collection for Surya will craft a bold, beautiful look for your space. Machine made in Turkey in 100% polypropylene, the tasteful tie dye designs and affordable price points coalesce flawlessly with a vibrant coloring, redefining trend from room to room within any home decor.
Oengus Accent Mirror
Original Price$419.99Sale Price$356.99 each ($713.98 set)Description
Just imagine how this dramatic mirror—inspired by cathedral windows—could bring light and life into a space. Metal mullion design is enhanced with industrial “fittings” that infuse so much character. Whether your decor is classic or contemporary, the Oengus mirror beautifully reflects your fine taste.
Plato Pendant Light
Original Price$299.99Sale Price$135.00 each ($270.00 set)Description
Unparalleled style. The Plato pendant light hangs beautifully over your dining table or kitchen island. Halo design with brown finished wood and black metal illuminates your room with a classic yet rustic feel.
Home Accents Wilder 5' 3" x 7' 7" Area Rug
Original Price$289.99Sale Price$188.49 each ($376.98 set)Description
Crafting a look that is utterly matchless, while still maintaining a to be desired price point, the rugs found within the Bambino collection by Surya will effortlessly cement themselves as the focal point to your space, creating the definition of utter charm and exquisiteness.
Jodene Pendant Light
Original Price$349.99Sale Price$157.50 each ($315.00 set)Description
Delightfully chic over a dining room table, breakfast bar or kitchen island, the Jodene rectangular pendant light is a clear winner for form and function. Adjustable height rods make it that much more accommodating. Naturally finished wood and metal bring an earthy sensibility to light.
Home Accents Harput 5' 3" x 7' 3" Area Rug
Original Price$219.99Sale Price$142.99 each ($285.98 set)Description
The vibrant and eclectic designs in Surya's Harput collection will set your space apart with a spash of color and edgy style. The tight patterns and vibrant untraditional colors in this polyrpolene rug are sure to catch the eye of visitors. This colleciton is machine made in Turkey and easily cleaned.
Dido Tray (Set of 2)
Original Price$59.99Sale Price$50.99 each ($101.98 set)Description
Entertaining with utilitarian flair just got a lot more interesting with this Dido tray set. The sturdy galvanized metal frame and handles makes it an ideal choice for at outdoor events or parties, while the antique finish brings an aged, refined appeal.