Besides offering an extraordinary selection of affordable furnishings, we also want to be your go-to authority for stylish décor. This digital glossary was created to help you get better acquainted with the variety of terms used to describe our HomeStore products. The more information we can provide, the more confident you’ll feel about choosing us for your home.
- This is a soft pile upholstery fabric, generally woven in a satin weave or plain weave, resulting in a short, thick pile.
- Formal elegant fabric with fur-like feel and a cut pile.
- A pile fabric often of cotton or rayon with a short, nappy surface.
- A thin layer of wood cut from a log in such a way as to maximize the beauty of the grain pattern. Veneers are then glued onto a solid substrate, which is then made into furniture. The result is sturdy furniture with a decorative outer appearance.
- Another type of laminate that is thicker and more durable than paper laminate (see also “laminate”).
- French term for a display cabinet with glass doors.
- V Match
- Veneer cut and butted together to form a decorative pattern in which the wood grain radiates from the centerline to form a pattern resembling a series of V's set one over the other.