Besides offering an extraordinary selection of affordable furnishings, we also want to be your go-to authority for stylish décor. This digital glossary was created to help you get better acquainted with the variety of terms used to describe our HomeStore products. The more information we can provide, the more confident you’ll feel about choosing us for your home.
- A style in which furnishings and accessories of various periods and styles are deftly and harmoniously combined.
- A method of protecting a veneer panel by applying a thin strip of solid wood, metal, or plastic at the edge of the panel. Also called banding.
- A type of design that is produced on a surface by hammering, stamping, pressing, or molding.
- The art of working raised and ornamental designs in threads of silk, cotton, gold, silver, or other material, upon any woven fabric with a needle.
- Directing special attention or effort to a specific object or area.
- Enamel Finish
- A coating of paint that can be brushed and sometimes rubbed to a high gloss.
- End Table
- Small side table that may be used at the end of a sofa or beside a chair.
- Engineered Wood
- Any restructured composite of wood, including oriented strand board, particleboard, and plywood.
- A free standing open cabinet having several shelves used for display purposes.