Engineer / CNC Programmer
Ashley Furniture Industries
Ashley Furniture is seeking an Engineer / CNC Programmer for its Arcadia, WI facility.
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
Requirements for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Associates degree or better in an Engineering related field
- Knowledge of 3D and CAM software, G-Code, Part nesting, and operation of CNC equipment
- Ability to work with software vendors and in-house developers to make improvements to software
- Knowledge of basic computer technical skills
- Effective time management & organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Analytical & problem solving skills
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Review machining processes to determine the most efficient method to machine parts.
- Determine parts routing to maximize machine efficiency and throughput.
- Develop CNC programs that are efficient and ergonomically correct.
- Complete Engineering Introduction Orders and Engineering Change Orders in a timely manner.
- Assist machine operators with methods to trouble-shoot programs and increase productivity.
- Collaborate with R&D, Design, and Fabrication to design and produce sample parts for market.
- Continually evaluate, learn, suggest modifications to and test existing and new soft/hardware.
- Provide backup and assistance to all other NC Programmers and to the CNC Programming manager.
Ashley offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.