HR Administrative Assistant
Ashley Furniture Industries
The Human Resource Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the hiring process and also providing customer service to employees, applicants, visitors, supervisors, management, and other administrative staff. This position is a Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM schedule.
It takes the best to become the best and Ashley Furniture is committed to building a team that does the right thing for our customers, employees and communities. Ashley offers a competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees including health, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and vacation time.
Ashley Furniture’s world-class facility is located at One Ashley Way, Arcadia, WI.
1-2 years human resource office administrative experience
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred
- Knowledge of HR State and Federal employment laws
- Effective time managment and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet
- Maintain confidentiality
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquires
- Provide customer service to employees, applicants, visitors, supervisors, management, and other administrative staff.
- Maintain and track human resource measurement data and develop reports for management as well as outside agencies as requested or required by law.
- Maintain HR filing systems by copy, closing, purging existing employee files and setting up files for new employees.
- Provide administrative support for hiring process to include maintaining requisition system, I-9 verification and follow-up, scheduling interviews and drug tests, assisting new employees with new hire paperwork, and informing appropriate staff of new hire placements.
- Assist with maintenance and provides technical support for HR Information Systems, Ashley data Collections, and Ashley Time and Attendance to include all outlying locations.
- Investigate and process unemployment compensation requests.
- Investigate and correct "Change of Status" forms.
- Interpret phone messages correctly and record them into the appropriate log and database.
Ashley offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision insurance. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.