Ashley Furniture Industries
The VB.NET Programmer/Developer is responsible for managing internal and external applications including rewriting existing and developing new applications in VB.NET web environment. The Programmers core responsibilities are to code and do component & assembly testing of application codes.
It takes the best to become the best and Ashley Furniture is committed to building a team that does the right thing for our customers, employees and communities. Ashley offers a competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement and vacation time.
Ashley Furniture’s world-class facility is located at One Ashley Way, Arcadia, WI.
3-5 years previous VB.NET Programming, Relational databases
Necessary Skills and Abilities:
- Relational databases to facilitate programming software
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting strict deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-pace work environment
- Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents simple to complex programs using VB.NET and one or more of the following languages: MS SQL, Stored Procedures. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
- Analyzes, evaluates, and documents user requests for new and modified systems and programs. Prepares realistic project completion timelines and technology requirements (new or current) for assigned tasks and provides recommendations to Business Systems Analysts.
- Supports project personnel in resolving fairly complex program problems. Works with business liaison and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within areas of responsibility. Provides technical advice on simple to complex programming.
- Assists other development specialists and users by providing leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel to provide business functions with solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.